Steering wheel, paddlesteamer -"Manuwai"

Description
History: The Manuwai ran on the Waikato River from approx 1920-1940. Originally run on the Wanganui River, the Manuwai was taken over by the Waikato Steamship Co. and later by Caesar Roose.
NB-noted on cat card 725 as from P.S. Rangiriri References: Hist. photo colln - ref Shipping - "Manuwai" Archival Roose Material
See full details

Object Detail


Media/Materials
Wood steering wheel
Measurements
1220mm Diameter
Department Collection Type
Credit line
Waikato Historical Society Collection
Courtesy of Waikato Museum Te Whare Taonga o Waikato
Accession number
1964/126/5