Smoking cap

Production date
1902
Description
Blue velvet smoking cap with gold "button" (thread with crochet covering) and tassel, quilted black lining.
The cap belonged to E J Pearson c 1900's. Pearson came to Hamilton with 4th Waikato Militia c 1864. He was a carpenter and built the first house in Hamilton. Founder of Pearsons sandsoap. Grandfather of donor.
See full details

Object Detail


Media/Materials
Blue velvet smoking cap, gold "button" (thread with crochet covering) and tassel, quilted black lining
Measurements
approx diam. 180mm
Collection
Department Collection Type
Object type
Hat
Credit line
Collection of Waikato Museum Te Whare Taonga o Waikato
Accession number
1970/391/1

Classification


Colours


Share