Caps – Ngaruawahia Rugby League
Cox's Hat Factory
Two Ngaruawahia Rugby League caps, one from 1927 and one from 1928, originally owned by donor's father, Leslie Powell. Both caps are embroidered with a letter emblem: NSRL (Ngaruawahia South [Auckland] Rugby League). The South Auckland Rugby League was established in 1921 and it included a team from Ngaruawahia.
1927: Green velvet with a white cotton fabric, with no manufacturer given.
1928: Blue and white velvet manufactured by 'Cox's Hat Factory'.
See full details
1928: Height - 140mm, Width - 260mm (Side seam to side seam)
Collection of Waikato Museum Te Whare Taonga o Waikato