Hamilton Club flag
Blue and white Hamilton Club flag with the club's insignia. Part of a collection of items from Hamilton Club. The club originated as a group of businessmen who began meeting at the Hamilton Hotel in 1893 for 'cards and fellowship'. The club commissioned Auckland architect Thomas Mahoney to design its own premises and the Grantham Street building opened in 1904. In late 2016, the club was winding up its affairs after a period of low activity. These items are a sampling of memorabilia from the former clubrooms.
See full details