The Rangiriri – Past and Present
This painting is of the stern wheel gunboat ‘Rangiriri’ built in 1864 at Port Waikato. It was eventually abandoned around 1890 in the Waikato River and remained there until 1982 when it was raised onto the river bank and incorporated as a historic monument.
Kym Gilchrist (1954–) is a picture framer by trade and a self taught painter who works in acrylics/mixed media. He is particularly interested in texture and nature and is based in the Waikato.
See full details